Our Vision, Values and Aims
Green Ridge will be an inclusive setting, valuing all children’s achievements and ensuring that each child is given every opportunity to meet their full potential within a secure and stimulating learning environment.
Our mission statement, “Limitless learning; infinite possibilities”, and underpins everything we do and strive to do.
Green Ridge Primary Academy is committed to meetings its public sector duties and acknowledges that we have a statutory duty to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and within our wider community
- Promote positive attitudes to difference and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
For more information about our Equality Objectives, please see our Equality Information here.
Key values upon which the academy is based
Green Ridge models itself on the touchstones of REAch2, whereby as a Trust and an individual academy, we are committed to creating a culture that strongly reflects our Touchstones, seven principles that makes our academy unique and sets us apart from others. Our touchstones are used to express the values and ethos of the Trust and of Green Ridge, and describe what we will be known for and how we operate:
Green Ridge has six core value which underpin all aspects of academy life. Through assemblies and throughout the curriculum these values make explicit the values for life which children will need to recognise and show:
These values go hand-in-hand with a range of other values which children will encounter and learn about at Green Ridge during their time within the academy. For example, gratitude will link closely with humility, and honesty will link closely with trust. Children will explore a range of values, although particular attention will be given to the six-core value listed above. Children will be articulate in discussing these values and their meaning not only in the academy, but for their lives in general and implications.
Education is an essential ingredient for future success. By taking the time to build character in every child through our ethos, code of conduct, core life skills, curriculum and assemblies, we can teach all children to be successful.
The community will have a new school to be proud of because we are not afraid to make our expectations clear and ensure they are followed. We do not compromise on a thorough grounding in English and mathematics; however, our curriculum will be exciting, motivational and strongly reflect an engagement with 21st Century technologies.
At Green Ridge, we aim:
- To value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our academy family
- To raise the aspirations of everyone within our academy community so everyone strives for personal excellence in everything they do
- To promote British and Co-operative Values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the academy and wider communities.
- To nurture and support all abilities, helping every child to achieve his/her potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
- To provide outstanding learning and teaching which enables all students, regardless of gender, race, background or ability, to excel
- To equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become learners for life within an ever-changing world.
- To provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum with emphasis on the basic skills of English, mathematics and science.
- To develop learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation.